Accelerate your integration in Québec by taking a full-time French course.
- Courses offered for winter, spring, summer and fall session.
- Financial assistance for participation, transportation and child care expenses.
- Courses recognised for Canadian citizenship application.
Given the current COVID-19 situation,
it is still unknown when the next session will be held.
We will continue to accept applications for admission.
We will contact you upon processing of your application by the MIFI.
To be determined
- 30 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Day classes: from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
for more INFORMATION
Liaison officer - French courses for immigrants
- 20 hours of French lessons per week: oral and written basic notions on various subjects that deal with everyday professional, social, cultural and political life.
- 10 hours of integration activities per week: become familiar with the geographical, historical and cultural characteristics of Quebec.
Conditions of eligibility
Full-time French courses are intended for immigrants 16 years of age and over who have been living in Québec.
You are eligible for a full-time French course if your immigration status is one of the following:
- Permanent resident;
- Authorized to apply in Canada for permanent residence;
- Granted asylum;
- Holder of a temporary stay permit issued pending the granting of permanent residence or a Ministerial permit;
- Holder of a temporary stay permit as a temporary worker or foreign student. Read the notice;
- Holder of a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (Québec Acceptance Certificate). Read the notice;
- Naturalized Canadian citizen.
To learn more about immigration status
« I loved francisation at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières. I learned a beautiful language with good teachers, demanding but understanding and human. At first, I did not know a word of French and now I speak with several people. »
- Samahir, graduate
« Thanks to this francisation program, I was able to improve my oral and written communication in French. This allowed me to integrate more easily into Quebec culture. I thank the entire team for their great support and professionalism. »
- Jenny Marcela, graduate
« French is a beautiful language to learn. In addition, it facilitated my integration in Quebec. Thank you Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Jose Vladimir, graduate
« Francisation was the best experience of my life. I was able to learn French with dynamic and friendly teachers. Now, I can more easily integrate Quebec society and continue my studies at Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Maria, graduate
« Learning French at Cegep de Trois-Rivières is the best thing! »
- Rebecca, graduate
« Thank you to the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, thank you to the excellent instructors! »
- Shaima, graduate