- Courses offered for winter, spring, summer and fall session.
- Financial assistance for participation and child care expenses.
- Courses recognised for Canadian citizenship application.
BEGINNING: July 6th, 2021
END: September 17th, 2021
June 4th, 2021 at 1:00 pm
- 6 or 12 hours a week
- Morning, afternoon or evening courses available
- CLICK HERE to open the form
- Fill out sections 1, 2 and 3.
- Date and sign sections 4 and 5.
- DO NOT FILL OUT the sections Réservée à l’administrationand Évaluation de classement (Réservé à l’administration). You will be contacted by phone for a placement test.
- Send this form by email to email@example.com with the required documents:
- A legible copy of your immigration document (provide a two-sided copy for the permanent residence card).
- Make sure to submit a complete application to avoid any processing delays. Your admission could be put on a waiting list.
for more INFORMATION
Liaison officer - French courses for immigrants
- Improvement of the lexicon, phonetics and grammar of the oral
- Various topics that deal with professional, social, cultural and political daily life
- Improved communication in writing
- Comprehension of texts, writing of letters, summaries, opinion pieces, reading and writing strategies
Conditions of eligibility
Full-time French courses at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières are intended for immigrants 16 years of age and over who lives in the Mauricie region.
You are eligible for part-time French courses if you have one of the following immigration statuses:
- obtained permanent residence;
- authorized to submit an application for permanent residence from within Canada;
- obtained asylum;
- seeking asylum in Canada while settled in Québec;
- holder of a temporary stay permit issued pending the granting of permanent residence or a Ministerial permit. Read the notice;
- holder of a temporary stay permit as a temporary worker or foreign student;
- holder of a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). Read the notice;
- Naturalized Canadian citizen.
To learn more about immigration statuses.
As uncertainty over the COVID-19 pandemic continues, almost all courses will be delivered remotely.
As such, it is MANDATORY for each student to own the following equipment in order to attend the virtual classes.
- A computer with a camera and a microphone
- An unlimited high-speed Internet connection
- The headset is optional but recommended
- Students using a tablet or a cell phone will not be allowed to attend the courses.
« I loved francisation at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières. I learned a beautiful language with good teachers, demanding but understanding and human. At first, I did not know a word of French and now I speak with several people. »
- Samahir, graduate
« Thanks to this francisation program, I was able to improve my oral and written communication in French. This allowed me to integrate more easily into Quebec culture. I thank the entire team for their great support and professionalism. »
- Jenny Marcela, graduate
« French is a beautiful language to learn. In addition, it facilitated my integration in Quebec. Thank you Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Jose Vladimir, graduate
« Francisation was the best experience of my life. I was able to learn French with dynamic and friendly teachers. Now, I can more easily integrate Quebec society and continue my studies at Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Maria, graduate
« Learning French at Cegep de Trois-Rivières is the best thing! »
- Rebecca, graduate
« Thank you to the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, thank you to the excellent instructors! »
- Shaima, graduate