Accelerate your integration in Québec by taking a part-time French course
- Courses offered for winter, spring, summer and fall session.
- Financial assistance for participation and child care expenses.
- Courses recognised for Canadian citizenship application.
Given the current COVID-19 situation,
it is still unknown when the next session will be held.
We will continue to accept applications for admission.
We will contact you upon processing of your application by the MIFI.
To be determined
- 6, 9, or 12 hours a week
- Morning, afternoon or evening courses available
for more INFORMATION
Liaison officer - French courses for immigrants
- Improvement of the lexicon, phonetics and grammar of the oral
- Various topics that deal with professional, social, cultural and political daily life
- Improved communication in writing
- Comprehension of texts, writing of letters, summaries, opinion pieces, reading and writing strategies
Conditions of eligibility
Part-time French courses are intended for immigrants 16 years of age and over who live in Québec.
You are eligible for part-time French courses if you have one of the following immigration statuses:
- obtained permanent residence;
- authorized to submit an application for permanent residence from within Canada;
- obtained asylum;
- seeking asylum in Canada while settled in Québec;
- holder of a temporary stay permit issued pending the granting of permanent residence or a Ministerial permit. Read the notice;
- holder of a temporary stay permit as a temporary worker or foreign student;
- holder of a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). Read the notice;
- Naturalized Canadian citizen.
To learn more about immigration statuses.
« I loved francisation at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières. I learned a beautiful language with good teachers, demanding but understanding and human. At first, I did not know a word of French and now I speak with several people. »
- Samahir, graduate
« Thanks to this francisation program, I was able to improve my oral and written communication in French. This allowed me to integrate more easily into Quebec culture. I thank the entire team for their great support and professionalism. »
- Jenny Marcela, graduate
« French is a beautiful language to learn. In addition, it facilitated my integration in Quebec. Thank you Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Jose Vladimir, graduate
« Francisation was the best experience of my life. I was able to learn French with dynamic and friendly teachers. Now, I can more easily integrate Quebec society and continue my studies at Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Maria, graduate
« Learning French at Cegep de Trois-Rivières is the best thing! »
- Rebecca, graduate
« Thank you to the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, thank you to the excellent instructors! »
- Shaima, graduate