Accelerate your integration in Québec by taking a full-time French course.
- Courses offered for winter, spring, summer and fall session.
- Financial assistance for participation, transportation and child care expenses.
- Courses recognised for Canadian citizenship application.
BEGINNING: January 10th, 2022
END: March 25th, 2022
December 17th, 2021
- 30 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Day classes: from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
for more INFORMATION
Liaison officer - French courses for immigrants
819-376-1721 ext. 2185
- 20 hours of French lessons per week: oral and written basic notions on various subjects that deal with everyday professional, social, cultural and political life.
- 10 hours of integration activities per week: become familiar with the geographical, historical and cultural characteristics of Quebec.
Conditions of eligibility
Full-time French courses at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières are intended for immigrants 16 years of age and over who lives in the Mauricie region.
You are eligible for a full-time French course if your immigration status is one of the following:
- Permanent resident;
- Authorized to apply in Canada for permanent residence;
- Granted asylum;
- Holder of a temporary stay permit issued pending the granting of permanent residence or a Ministerial permit;
- Holder of a temporary stay permit as a temporary worker or foreign student. Read the notice;
- Holder of a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (Québec Acceptance Certificate). Read the notice;
- Naturalized Canadian citizen.
To learn more about immigration status
« I loved francisation at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières. I learned a beautiful language with good teachers, demanding but understanding and human. At first, I did not know a word of French and now I speak with several people. »
- Samahir, graduate
« Thanks to this francisation program, I was able to improve my oral and written communication in French. This allowed me to integrate more easily into Quebec culture. I thank the entire team for their great support and professionalism. »
- Jenny Marcela, graduate
« French is a beautiful language to learn. In addition, it facilitated my integration in Quebec. Thank you Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Jose Vladimir, graduate
« Francisation was the best experience of my life. I was able to learn French with dynamic and friendly teachers. Now, I can more easily integrate Quebec society and continue my studies at Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Maria, graduate
« Learning French at Cegep de Trois-Rivières is the best thing! »
- Rebecca, graduate
« Thank you to the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, thank you to the excellent instructors! »
- Shaima, graduate