French is the official language in Quebec. Therefore, public institutions, most workplaces, shopping centers, services and classes are given in French.
French is deeply rooted to Quebec culture.
Accelerate your integration in Québec by taking a part-time French course
- Courses offered for winter, spring, summer and fall session.
- Financial assistance for participation and child care expenses.
BEGINNING: 9th of january 2024
END: 21th of march 2024
- 6 or 12 hours a week
- Morning or evening courses available
- Cégep de Trois-Rivières
Click here to view MIFI’s video tutorials on how to fill out the registration form.
Still need help submitting your application ? Fill out this form to register for an application coaching session.
- Improvement of the lexicon, phonetics and grammar of the oral
- Various topics that deal with professional, social, cultural and political daily life
- Improved communication in writing
- Comprehension of texts, writing of letters, summaries, opinion pieces, reading and writing strategies
Conditions of eligibility
French courses for immigrants are for you if you meet all these conditions :
- You are an immigrant (your place of birth is outside Canada);
- You are 16 years of age or older at the time of registration;
- You live in the Mauricie region;
- Your permanent of temporary immigration status qualifies you to enroll in the fransization program.
It is your responsability to respect the conditions associated with your immigration status. If you have any questions, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
« I loved francisation at the Cégep of Trois-Rivières. I learned a beautiful language with good teachers, demanding but understanding and human. At first, I did not know a word of French and now I speak with several people. »
- Samahir, graduate
« Thanks to this francisation program, I was able to improve my oral and written communication in French. This allowed me to integrate more easily into Quebec culture. I thank the entire team for their great support and professionalism. »
- Jenny Marcela, graduate
« French is a beautiful language to learn. In addition, it facilitated my integration in Quebec. Thank you Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Jose Vladimir, graduate
« Francisation was the best experience of my life. I was able to learn French with dynamic and friendly teachers. Now, I can more easily integrate Quebec society and continue my studies at Cégep de Trois-Rivières. »
- Maria, graduate
« Learning French at Cegep de Trois-Rivières is the best thing! »
- Rebecca, graduate
« Thank you to the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, thank you to the excellent instructors! »
- Shaima, graduate